5 Kid Friendly Activities in Coventry That Parents Will Love Too
Why Should You Visit Coventry?
Coventry is one of the oldest cities in the UK. It has a lot to offer to anyone who visits it - be it for business or leisure.
The first thing that strikes you about Coventry is that it has many attractive historic buildings and ruins scattered throughout the city, making you feel like you are walking through time.
The shopping streets are where people come to shop for clothes, household items, gifts, food and more. Coventry also has an interesting mix of food options too - from chain restaurants to trendy eateries - so there's something for everyone!
Kid Friendly Activities for Families
If you're looking for family activities for kids, Coventry is the place to be. Coventry has a lot of family day out ideas that can be done by people of any age, such as:
Visit a Museum - Discover your local natural history museum or find out about the latest exhibits at the Royal Armouries. Visit museums with a dedicated children's section where they can feel like a real explorer.
Enjoy a Trip to Warwick Castle Interactive Experience Centre. Explore an interactive exhibition and castle experience at Warwick Castle where you can touch and handle replicas from around the world.
Watch Some Movies - There are lots of free outdoor movie screenings in Coventry throughout the summer - from Disney classics to classic British comedies!
Top 5 Kid-Friendly Activities in Coventry
Getting the kids out and about is not always easy. Here is a list of ten places to visit in Coventry that will hopefully make it a little easier.
1. The National Space Centre - With lots of interactive exhibits and a planetarium, this is an excellent first stop for any family day trip. Located close to Coventry University, it’s also a great way to keep the little ones entertained.
2. The Argus Cycleway - A lovely scenic bike ride from Coventry to Warwick that takes about an hour each way, the Argus Cycleway is perfect for those who want to get outside without having too much physical exertion.
3. Visit Coventry Transport Museum and explore the story of Coventry and how it became a modern and bustling city.
4. The Coventry Canal Trust – It offers boat trips for all abilities. Whether you are looking to explore the canal with a gentle cruise, or take in the sights by kayak, canoe or electric boat, then this is the place to be. As well as boat trips they also offer cycle hire for individuals and groups, teach canal safety skills and provide guided walks along the water's edge.
5. And lastly, Coventry City Council organises events such as festivals, markets, parades and fairs throughout the year catering for kids as well as adults. The Coventry Christmas Market is one such event that runs from November through to December.
Family-friendly activities can sometimes be difficult to find, and it can be hard to find a balance between keeping children entertained while also being able to include all of the family. However, by focusing on family-friendly activities that are welcoming to all ages and have facilities that cater for younger members of the family, families will feel more included and can enjoy a wider range of experiences.
If you visit Coventry or if you live in Coventry and want to get out of the house, we recommend visiting one of the above-mentioned fantastic family-friendly attractions.